Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2018 01:42:32 +0000
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Alex McKeever <alex.mckeever@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Common Desktop Environment broken when compiling from ports tree on FreeBSD 12 RC3 (May also apply to the final build)

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 04:35:32PM -0500, Alex McKeever wrote:
> I ran into problems compiling the CDE in FreeBSD 12.0 RC3 (PowerPC)
> on my eMac.

I don't know of anyone else who has tried to run it.

The server-class ports on powerpc64 have been in good shape for several
years.  However, the desktop ports are lagging way behind.  For instance,
we are still working to get gnome and kde working properly.  Other desktop
environments are going to require more people to take up working on them.

I personally would like to see powerpc64 ports at (near-) parity with
amd64, but we have a lot of work to go yet.

mcl