Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:41:53 -0700
From:      Abe Olson <abeolson23@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   winxp bootloader to boot Freebsd

I found these instructions:
http://bsdvault.net/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=88

However I cannot get this to work.  This line in the insctructions
returns a "device not configured" when I try to run this command.

dd if=/dev/rad0a of=/mnt/bootsect.bsd bs=512 count=1

I'm sure that this assumes that the system is a dualboot on a single
disk on a primary controller.  My system is an a7v133 and all my disks
are on the promise controller.  My winxp disk is the primary master and
my BSD disk is the secondary master.

I tried changing the command to this:

dd if=/dev/ad6s of=/mnt/bootsect.bsd bs=512 count=1

since df reports that my disk is ad6s.

Could anyone help me with this please?  I don't really understand the
bsd disk naming scheme so I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance,

Abe