Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:05:32 +0330
From:      "Bahman M." <b.movaqar@adempiere.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <m.apitz@oclcpica.org>
Cc:        zszalbot@gmail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: project management software for freebsd?

On 2007-10-29 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El d=C3=ADa Saturday, October 27, 2007 a las 08:00:36PM +0330, Bahman M.
> escribi=C3=B3:
>=20
> > On 2007-10-27 zbigniew szalbot wrote:
> > > I am looking for recommendation of software which could be
> > > installed from ports and which would help us register new ideas,
> > > be able to see if they have been started/completed, etc.
> > >=20
> > > I did have a look at Horde but this is not what I am looking for.
> > > I do not want a simple task list. Rather something more like
> > > project management software (best if installed from ports but it
> > > is not really necessary). Many thanks in advance for your
> > > recommendations!
> >=20
> > You may wish to take a look at
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/openproj.  Quoted from project's
> > "OpenProj by Projity is a desktop replacement of Microsoft Project.
> > OpenProj has equivalent functionality, a familiar user interface and
> > even opens existing MSProject files. OpenProj is interoperable with
> > Project, with a Gantt Chart and PERT chart etc"
>=20
> I've fetched the source code and even the pre-compiled jar
> installation from sourceforge.net; with the source, it took me half
> hour to guess how to build and launch it and with the pre-compiled
> half hour to make the launch shell script ready to run;
>=20
> as always: nice Java, but less docs and even more less
> robust shell scripts :-) , for example #!/bin/bash as shell=20
> directive ...

You're right.  The good point is that they left the shell directive out
there;  I've seen some Java projects that even don't mention the shell
directive at all, assuming all users use BASH as their shell!

--=20
Bahman Movaqar

If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect
yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to
respect you.
-Fyodor M. Dostoevsky