Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:54:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jin@george.lbl.gov
To:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI disk naming problem

> See LINT on details of how to wire down scsi devices...
>
> Your proposal doesn't take adding a second scsi card into account.

Well, I did not mean that has to be da0, da1, etc., but similar thing
like dac0t0d0, dac0t1d0, ... dac3t4d0, etc. which is much clear what
disk is.
A few people does not like this one because the name is long, and it
is like some commerical configuration. They said that this is Free
software.

Manually wiring down disks is OK for a small set of hosts. 100+ hosts
with two or three controllers with 100 TB disks will be terribly pain
during the setup and maintenance.

	-Jin

,