Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:41:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jan Pechanec <jp@devnull.cz>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to find out the boot device

	hello guys,

	during the rc.d phase, I need to find out in a shell script from
which disk the system has booted up.

	- I cannot use kern.rootdev because my root fs is a memory disk
	- I cannot use kern.disks because the first disk there doesn't
necessarily mean the boot disk (eg. my home box says 'cd0 ad0' for that)

	- I could use 'atacontrol list' or 'camcontrol devlist' because I
always boot from the 1st disk, but if I have both types of disks then I have
1st ATA disk and 1st SCSI disk and again unable to recognize which one is
the one I need.

	any ideas, please?

	thank you, j.

--