Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:47:10 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
To:        Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gtk-engines

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 at 06:38:15 +0000, Paul Richards wrote:
> Jim Mock wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 at 22:13:09 -0600, Ishmael wrote:
> > > ive posted something about this on -questions once, but received no
> > > applications, including gimp, gaim, & gbuffy,  seem to not work
> > > properly w/gtk-engines port.
> > > notably, whenever i use a pixmap theme, i recieve bunches of the
> > > following error messages: /convert: No such file or directory
> > > gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: <path to some image in the theme>
> > > All fallbacks failed.
> >
> > I've come across this as well.  In order to fix it (for now), I
> > symlinked /usr/local/bin/convert to /convert.  Ugly, I know, but I
> > haven't had time to look into fixing the port yet.  For some reason
> > unknown to man, it seems Linux installs it in / *shudder*
>
> What /usr/local/bin/convert command? I don't have one!
>
> What package does it come from?

It comes from ImageMagick.. /usr/ports/graphics/ImageMagick.  I guess I
should've mentioned that :-)  I've Cc'd this back to -ports because I
forgot to do so.  Also, be warned, ImageMagick has a bunch of
dependencies, one of which is ghostscript, which has a bunch of
dependencies.  Perhaps gtk-engines should have a dependency on that
beast?

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -