Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:59:34 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: permission denied in root? (compiling kernel)

Kevin Weiss wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I finally got X windows working (twm is kinda boring to the eye
> though)!
>
> Anyway...I am trying to rebuild my kernel...When I get to the point
> where
> I need to put the following (in root):
>
> /usr/sbin config MY_KERNEL_NAME
           ^
should be ``/usr/sbin/config MY_KERNEL_NAME''

FWIW, I've put all the commands to make a new kernel in a shell script
called ``mkkrnl'':

#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf

/usr/sbin/config MY_KERNEL_NAME
cd ../../compile/MY_KERNEL_NAME
make depend
make
make install

--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.