Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 15:39:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, FREEBSD-SCSI-L <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Streamlogic RAIDION drive arrays

    Has anyone tried Streamlogic's RAIDION drive arrays?  Apparently
they can do RAID 1 and 5 in hardware... all your host sees is one very
large, very fast disk.  I'm thinking of tossing one of those with a
dozen 2GB drives or so in for a news server.  I may not need special
drivers, but I can see some hurdles with disktab-related stuff.
Maybe I can get an eval unit from them to play with.  :)
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org, taob@ican.net)
Senior Systems and Network Administrator, Internet Canada Corp.