Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 22:26:33 +0800
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        Bill <ankzt@maine.60north.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would like to mix static IP's and non-routable IP's on a LAN

Hi, The BSD box is currently being used as an internal routers (we have
two  WAN interfaces i.e pipes from two different ISP's and the BSD box
which has two nics's allows us to get from one network to another) with
appropiate settings in the ISP routers

What I would like to do is somehow configure this box to act as a NAT
box for various Windows boxen in the office. However, some people need
static IP's. This BSD box has two NIC's. Each NIC is bound to the
appropiate WAN interface (one is a /25 network and one is a /26 network)

The Windows boxen are to be routed via the WAN interface on the /26
network

fxp0 is bound to /25 network
fxp1 is bound to /26 network

Both have real routable IP addresses

I configured the kernel with IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT
and made the appropiate changes in /etc/rc.conf

natd_enable = "YES"
natd_interface ="fxp0"

Now, on my Windows boxen I am configuring them with network addresses
192.168.0.1 and gateway as the public address of fxp0 of the BSD box
However, this isn't working since I can't ping out from the Windows
boxen

I have a feeling I am doing something incredibly stupid but I seem to be
missing it

The BSD boxen is 3.3-stable