Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 12:27:35 GMT
From:      "Adam Hefetz" <adam_hefetz@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound & permissions

Hi,
1) After adding sound support to my kernel with these lines:

controller pnp0
device pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pemintr

I rebooted and when freebsd was checking the hardware I noticed this:

Probing for PnP devices:
pcm1 (SB16pnp <SB16 PnP> sn 0x00061739) at 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags
0x15 on isa

Probing for devices on the ISA bus:
pcm0 not probed due to I/O address conflict with pcm1 at 0x220

Whats wrong??

2) When typing as a reguler user 'reboot' I get 'Operation not permited'. I
know you have to change the permissions using chmod but I don't know what
arguments to use.

Thanks, Adam