Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:06:21 +0100
From:      Martin Faxer <gmh003532@brfmasthugget.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question about Radeon and the use of DRI.

Hello.

A short while ago I upgraded my computer with a new CPU and some additional
memory. I did not buy a new graphics card, but when I found out about DRI
working in FreeBSD I decided that a new graphics card would also be fun to
have. I have looked at the status and level of support for the different
cards and come to the conclusion that an ATI Radeon cards looks like my best
bet.

After searching the mailing lists I've found some old mails asking about
Radeon and DRI, but most are from June etc. Therefore, I would like to ask
the question again:

Is there somebody who currently uses DRI with a Radeon chipset ?
If so, what has your experiences been ? What type of Radeon have you got ?

I would much appreciate an answer to these questions.

Thanks in advance,
Martin Faxér , gmh003532@brfmasthugget.se