Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 13:28:08 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Webmaster <hhaines@eigen.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, support@cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: DNS and Sendmail

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Webmaster wrote:

> I have a Freebsd server running dns and sendmail for my internet provider
> service. From inside my domain I can address mail to user@my.domian, and it
> will be delivered correctly. But from outside (i.e. somewhere else on the
> internet) the message must be addressed to user@mailhost.my.domain. Is this
> a DNS problem I am having or sendmail? I have been through DNS and BIND and
> Sendmail by O'Reilly, but I must be missing it.
>
>                 Hank Haines

Create a Mail eXchange(MX) record(DNS) for your domain that says who
gets the mail.. Make sure that the sendmail config file knows what to do
with the mail when it gets it...

This may help a bit...

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178