Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2012 17:32:30 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging periodic scripts

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 04:08:47 -0700 Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd@jdc.parodius.com> wrote:

> Editing /etc/periodic/security/510.ipfdenied's hashbang line to use -x
> doesn't change the behaviour either (maybe stderr gets sent to
> /dev/null?), whether I run it by hand as a script or via "periodic
> security".

Use "set -x" instead of modifying the first line (I assume the script
is already started with the correct shell, so the first line is
ignored). I would also add "env" before and after the sourcing of the
periodic.conf to see what is defined or not.

Bye,
Alexander.