Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:55:06 -0500
From:      "patrick carnahan" <gte805u@mail.gatech.edu>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cbb0: unsupported card type -- reboots

--MIMEStream=_0+70660_710901547718132_167438424

<apologies>

if this gets sent twice, i wasn't subscribed the first time i sent it.. i w=
ant to make sure this gets onto the list now that i am a member.

</apologies>

i'm trying to run freebsd 5.0-release on my dell laptop, and haven't been h=
aving much luck. the boot process on the cd gets to a line where it says

cbb0: unsupported card type detected

at which point it freezes for about 10 seconds and reboots the machine. i h=
ave enabled the cardbus and pccard debugs as suggested in another posting, =
and got the following output:

cbb0: card inserted: event=3D0x00010001, state=3D0x00000001

anyway, every once in a while it decides to boot the cd, and once after ins=
tallation i've gotten it to boot the kernel from the hard drive using 'boot=
 -c' but i can't get it to boot again anymore.

is there a way i can disable the cardbus completely before booting so i don=
't run into this problem? i am running a dell i2650 with:

nvidia geforce2go
1.8ghz p4
256mb ddr ram
40gig hd
3com Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C920)

i got a reply on bsdforums of someone else experiencing the same problem th=
at was so kind to let me know that the integrated lan card uses the cardbus=
, so i assume this is what bsd is detecting on the bus (since my wlan card =
is not inserted at the time of the error). if anyone has any suggestions on=
 how to solve this i would greatly appreciate it.

by the way, sorry about the lack of output but i have no way of storing the=
 intermediate output and retreiving it later that i know of, since i cannot=
 fully boot into the os.

thanks,

patrick
--MIMEStream=_0+70660_710901547718132_167438424--