Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 1995 22:50:59 -0800
From:      rsoles@SIRIUS.COM (Roger L Soles)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Current PPP (3/8/95 SUP)

I've noted some interesting things with the PPP I built a few days ago:

1) If the line sits idle for a few moments, it get a reboot of the
   machine -- but only if PPP is running.  Otherwise the machine stays
   up just fine.

2) If I use a 16550A(N) (Real national part), the PPP deamon will not
   start, but on a 16450 (or a knock off 16550 that identifies as
   a 16450) it works just fine...

Anyone else seeing either of these?  A PPP built with the 2.0 release
didn't exhibit this, and several other built with earlier SUPs did
(haven't built anything since the last SNAP, so I can't say exactly
when it might have started).

Anyone got an (extra) clue... ;)

- Roger
// Roger L Soles