Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:16:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?us-ascii?Q?brouci=20tykadylko?= <brouci.tykadylko@seznam.cz>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   geli remote password entering

Thinking about encrypting everything except /boot by geli(+zfs). Since server is remote, there is a problem with entering the key after restart. There is a possibility of KVM at datacenter, but I don't want to bother with it upon every reboot, and not speaking about possibility of remote interception.
My idea so far is to use RAMdisk image with bare ssh like DropBear (like here: http://www.webgroup.ch/linuxtag2006/Paper.pdf), but i still didn't try.
Dream solution is a bootloader with a ssh interface, but I didn't hear about any for fBSD.
Did any of you try something similar? Or do you have any other idea?
thanks
Brouci