Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 02:04:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jmb@hub.freebsd.org (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, cjclark@home.com, mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org, noslenj@swbell.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Guns and freedom [Was: Re: On "intelligent people" and "dangers to BSD"]

> > On the other hand, if Janet Reno drives up to my door in an
> > M-1 Abrhams Main Battle Tank, I would feel a tad justified in
> > owning an "assault weapon" ("a threatening weapon").
>
> 	Terry, now what would you do with that bullet firing assult
> weapon against Janet Reno in a M-1 Abrhams Main Battle Tank?  A very
> significant proportion of infantry use their rifle (assault or
> otherwise) infrequently.  One of the main jobs of sargents in several
> armies is to get other their soldiers to fire their rifles.  The
> feeling of impotence when holding a rifle while confronting an armored
> emeny is very nearly overwhelming.

Human wave assault.  Just like trench warfare in World War I.  If
you are willing to expend enough of your people on a goal, it can
be accomplished.

Worse case scenario, 5 guys out of 500 get to the tank, and weld
her into the damn thing, and she eventually starves to death...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.