Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:30:34 +0800
From:      David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, core@freeebsd.org
Subject:   away

Hi everyone,

I will go away today due to some unpleasant person attack to me, in the past,
I have made lots of work in FreeBSD threading work, this includes kernel
threading in earlier stage and thread libraries later, and gdb support for
these new thread libraries from kernel to userland everywhere, spent lots
of time to work in libpthread, and later make libthr to be best performance
library for mysql and possible other applications developed on Linux and make
it run on most platforms we current support.
because the work load was large, I admit I have made some coding
mistakes which some people think it is serious while other don't think so,
I don't think it is not fixable, time goes and things will be fixed, think
about FreeBSD comes from a 4.x which is ignorant about true kernel based
thread, changing to current thread based kernel is really a painful thing to
do, even with recently 6.1, I still have fixed lots of thread suspension race
which I think is obscure, of course, my work does not stop on threading,
recent, I also have added signal queue, POSIX message queue and timer,
made AIO MP-safe, these are all work-in-progress, but I am sorry, the attack
made to me is very harmful, I feel I can not recover from such disaster,
working on FreeBSD is no longer fun. I will still use FreeBSD, but no
contribution, current it is default OS I use in daily work from desktop to
notebook.

I wish FreeBSD will succeed as its 4.x versions did.

Sincerely,
David Xu