Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:40:53 +0300
From:      "Abdullah Al-Marrie" <almarrie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Acer Aspire WLMi 5102 with AMD Turion 64 X2 system hanging with powerd on 6.2-RC1 and 6.2-PRERELEASE

Hello guys,

I have problem with my laptop Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi which has AMD
Turion=99 64 X2 dual-core TL-50 1.6 GHz with 1.5 GB of ram.

I'm running i386 6.2-RC1 upgraded to 6.2-PRELEASE via RELENG6 tag
since I don't have more than 4 GB of ram.

I have these lines add to my custom generic kernel
options         SMP
device          cpufreq
device          smbus

I have this in my rc.conf
powerd_enable=3D"YES"

But the the laptop even doesn't boot some times,  and if booted it
hangs all the time, till I hashed out powerd_enable=3D"YES"

hints?

Thank you,
Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri
Arab Portal