Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:48:57 -0200
From:      Patrick Tracanelli <eksffa@freebsdbrasil.com.br>
To:        Matt <mhersant@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs within jail

Matt wrote:
> Quick question regarding nfs (or other filesystems) inside a jail.  As
> far as I can tell, it isn't possible to mount nfs shares while inside a
> jail.  Is this correct?  Is there any way around this limitation?  A way
> to browse network shares without mounting?  Or some such trickery?  Thanks.

When a Jail needs to access a NFS mounted device I use to mount it on
the hosting machine (the system outsite the jail where jail is runned
from) in any mount-point, so I mount_nullfs inside the selected jails,
say, mount_nullfs /nfs/backup/200.200.100.40
/usr/jail/200.200.100.40/mnt/nfs/backup;

The problem is that you cant do it if you are not the jails admin (ie,
you dont have full access to the jails hosting system).