Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 23:42:07 -0700
From:      "mark" <doop@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   installation problems

when installing freebsd I come accross a number of problems.
When I've finished installing the distributions(?) and packages and try and
run the post-install HTML docs, I get the error 'unable to open lynx from
packages, make sure your installation media is correct', Ive tried
installing both lynx and lynx-dev, but it still doesnt  seem to work.
After that I finish setting up user accounts from the general configuration
   menu and reboot, when my computer reloads I get 2 choices: F1 DOS, or F5
Drive 1, I installed the freebsd boot manager, but when I press F5, to get
to freebsd, it checks my a: and asks for a boot disk.  I am new to freebsd
but have run linux before, with no problems.
I have 2 drives, a 350M boot (c:) drive with win95, and a 2.1gig secondary
drive with a 1.0 dos partition and a 1.1 freebsd partition, im installing
the boot manager to c:

thanks
-mark