Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:29:08 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Serious Security BUG in CGI::Lite

I believe that I have found a serious security bug in the CGI::Lite
package that's distributed as par of the FreeBSD ports collection.

Before I go public with it, I'd like to work with some Appropriate
Party[tm] associated with the FreeBSD project to make sure that a
fixed version of this port is already available at the time I go
public.

Could someone pleas tell me who I should cntact about this?  (Sorry,
but I'm kinda new at this.  I don't run across serious security bugs
every day, so I don't know the ropes or the standard protocol, or
the standard procedures).

Somebody please send me guidance regarding this issue ASAP.  Thanks.

Regards,
Ronald F. Guilmette
Roseville, California
<rfg@monkeys.com>

P.S.  Is there a list anywhere of vendors who routinely distribute CPAN
(non-core) Perl modules?  More to the point, is there a list of the
_security contacts_ at each such vendor available somewhere?