Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 1999 16:04:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      Zdenko Tomasic <zdenko@CS.UH.EDU>
To:        garyj@muc.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: several scsi controllers --> one bus?

yes,  I was confused :=))).

If bus designation is relative to its controller, it would imply that
a single controller could drive several buses simultaneously.
(i.e. it would be possible to have
aha0 bus 0 target 0 unit 0
aha0 bus 1 target 0 unit 0
aha0 bus 2 target 0 unit 0
etc.)
I did not think that possible, but than I am no SCSI expert.

I rechecked situation of same SCSI ID's on different controllers and
you are right. It was probably SCAM and cdrom with faulty scsi
interface that got me confused about that(cdrom was not always
visible on the bus).

tnx.

ZT