Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2018 10:25:44 +0300
From:      Yuri Pankov <yuripv@yuripv.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   acpi, pci, spibus -- tying it all together

I have modified intelspi to attach to SPI master (Sunrise Point-H Serial
IO SPI) located on pci bus, and on attach I have the spibus0 and spibus1
buses added.

As spibus is not self-enumerating, the only way to find the slave device
I need is via acpi bus probe, that works, but I don't see a way to make
it a child of spibus1 (where it's located).

In ACPI terms it looks like the below (from DSDT):

\_SB_.PCI0.SPI0 "Device (SPI0)"
\_SB_.PCI0.SPI1 "Device (SPI1)"
Scope (SPI1) {
     Device (SPIT) {
         ...here comes all the data we need,
            including the ACPI ID we can probe...
     }
}

I hope that made at least some sense.  And the question is if there any
existing way of tying it all together, and adding that slave device to
the spibus1 (which only knows about hinted children at the moment)?