Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:55:00 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Brad Hendrickse <bradh@iafrica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.0b5 and XFree86 3.3

Brad Hendrickse wrote:

>  Hi there, I was just wondering whether anyone else has come across this:
>
>   I find that Netscape 4.0b5 crashes with a signal 11 error message.
> AFAIK, that means bad RAM or CPU or something. I know my hardware isn't
> bad, it survived a coupl of "make worlds" a few days ago, but I've had
> this problem wth Netscape for a while now. Is it a known problem with
> Netscape, or is it my hardware?
>
> TIA
>
> --brad                                                    I'm a FreeBSD user--
>
> Fortune:
> Of all the words of witch's doom
> There's none so bad as which and whom.
> The man who kills both which and whom
> Will be enshrined in our Who's Whom.
>                 -- Fletcher Knebel

A signal 11 can also be the result of a bug in teh software. If there's
just one piece of software that gives you signal 11s, then it's probably
that software's fault and not the hardware. Also, taking into account te
fact that it's Netscape, and a beta prerelease, I'd say this is simply a
bug :-(

Nadav