Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:21:01 -0700
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@freebsd.org>
To:        AN <andy@neu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: <jemalloc>: Conf string ends with key

On Apr 17, 2012, at 2:06 PM, AN wrote:
> # uname -a
> <jemalloc>: Conf string ends with key
> FreeBSD FBSD10 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #10 r234389: Tue Apr =
17 16:05:11 EDT 2012     root@FBSD10:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  =
amd64
>=20
> [=85]
>=20
> and from UPDATING i did:
> ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf
>=20
> I read the latest entry in UPDATING.  Could someone please explain how =
to get back to what I had, it was working well.  The new jemalloc slows =
the system down considerably.
>=20
> Thanks in advance

=46rom the latest UPDATING update (wasn't part of the jemalloc commit, =
unfortunately):

	(To completely disable malloc
        debugging, define MALLOC_PRODUCTION in /etc/make.conf, or to =
merely
        disable the most expensive debugging functionality run
        "ln -s 'abort:false,junk:false' /etc/malloc.conf".)

Jason=