Date:      Wed, 2 May 2012 06:03:15 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject:   Re: laptop very hot and noisy

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 May 2012 19:41:11 Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 08:25:11AM -0400, Alejandro Imass wrote:
> > On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> I didn't even know they put fluid heatsinks in laptop.
> I thought this was something from IBM cutting edge power6
> chips.

a client showed be recently the internals of his notebook for some reasons. Yes, it also uses a 'heatpipe' to move the heat away from the CPU to a heatsink with a fan.

> So I might need to pull the laptop apart..
> I'm just not sure I could put it back
> together...

Start small. The model mentioned above has had a cover on the back giving access to the CPU. The next bet is the keyboard. The rest needs some mechanical knowledge.

Erich