Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2019 17:22:31 +0200
From:      "D. Ebdrup" <debdrup@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: openvpn and system overhead

Hi Wojciech,

I believe you might've run into one of the design decisions that was
made by OpenVPN, specifically related to how it exclusively favours
spawning more processes rather than implement any form of threading.

I believe it's currently on the roadmap [1] of things that they would
like to address at one point, but I'm not aware of any work being done
on it at present.

[1]: https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/RoadMap#Threading

Daniel Ebdrup aka. D. Ebdrup.