Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 97 16:35:00 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: normal ftp blah blah

HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU writes:
> Actually my intent was to keep the newbie list for the new to Unix crowd, so
 -I
> guess that's where it would be different from questions@. I tried to address
> some of this earlier, but my VMS account barfed.... I will try to remember wh
 -at
> I said in that attempted post.

actually a year or so ago there was a similar suggestion made on one
of the mail lists. I can't remember any more which one. The basic idea
was to have a list of volunteers who would automatically get questions
sent to them in their area of expertise. A call for volunteers went out
and several people actually did volunteer. THen the whole thing quietly
died.

the questions list seems to be it.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com