Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:07:55 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sysinstall diskPartitionEditor Question

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com> wr=
ote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to set the offset/starting cylinder in install.cfg so that
> partitions begin on appropriate boundaries. =A0The applicable section of
> install.cfg looks like the following. =A0My assumption is that I need to
> make the changes in the "partition" section. =A0Is this correct? =A0Is th=
> format of this value the same as a typical fdisk config file?

After copious amounts of reading and experimenting.  It seems as
though diskPartitionEdit doesn't support specifying a starting
cylinder.  When I specify partition=3Dall, it starts that slice at
sector 63.  I'd like to start it at 64 or above.  Is it feasible to
include gpart in the mfsroot and use that to partition the drive
before sysinstall continues with the installation?

--=20
Take care
Rick Miller