Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 1995 10:41:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        core@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Attic files deleted?

> > >Either we've been attacked, somebody on the core team just had a criminal
> > >case of the stupids, or I don't know what to think.
>
> I guess I should also point out that it was me who had the criminal
> stupids, or at least the criminal negligence!  It was all caused by a
> bad combination of factors:  One that I didn't think twice about the
> possible consequences of having AMD mount things in /tmp/amd_mnt
> (/tmp has been "safe" again for too long, I guess) and two that I had
> the old /etc/* files on time, the /etc/daily containing the search and
> destroy in /tmp that we later disabled.

:-( :-(...

I should have all the Attic files from ncvs, my last sup update was
lastnight.  This includes the Attic files for the ports area.

I also have all of the 1.X cvs tree, it seems that is now completly
empty.

Let me know if you want me to resync Freefalls cvs areas to mine.
I would recomened we immediatly shut down cvs, as any changes right now
just make it harder to use mtree to figure out what needs to get pulled
back accross.

> Dreadfully sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Jordan, repeat after me, tho shall never mount disks with real data on
them under any place in /tmp :-) :-) :-)  :-[