Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:38:43 -0500
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        "Dimitri Nedeltchev" <dimitripn@yahoo.co.uk>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Drivers for a MOTOROLA WinModem

On Sunday 23 March 2003 09:40 am, Dimitri Nedeltchev wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a Motorola Modem with this written on the chip
>
> MOTOROLA
> 62412-51
> U45111.2-0.6
> 9950
>
> and trying to get it to run on a fbsd 5.0-release. anyone any ideas where I
> can get drivers for it?

I'm pretty sure the only winmodem supported on FreeBSD is the Lucent one see:
/usr/ports/comms/ltmdm

The Motorola could be supported by the Linmodem driver.  If you wanted to use
that on FreeBSD you would have to port the code yourself probably.  This
would not be easy since the driver subsystems in linux and FreeBSD differ a
lot.  For the linmodem info see:
http://www.linmodems.org/

Tim