Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 12:45:38 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        angio@aros.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ncr scsi: overlapped commands attempted

Lo and behold, Stefan Esser once said:
> On Feb 23, 19:10, Dave Andersen wrote:
> }
> } ABORTED COMMAND asc:4e,0 Overlapped commands attempted

> } P133 - 32 MB,  2 1gb NEC SCSI drives, 1 2gb HP SCSI drive
>
> Yes: Switch off tagged commands ... :(
>
> options "SCSI_NCR_DFLT_TAGS=0"
> options "SCSI_NCR_MAX_TAGS=0"

   Works like a charm with these options set.

> You can selectively enable tagged commands
> for the other drives from /etc/rc.local:
>
> ncrcontrol -t0 -t1 -s tags=4

  I get an error message when I try this:

   ncrcontrol: incompatable with kernel. Rebuild!

 Is this something that only works with -current, or am I missing some
-stable changes to ncrcontrol?  (I'm using -stable at the moment)

  What kind of performance hit am I looking at if I leave tagged commands
off?  The other option is to swap the drive for something else, which I'm
not at all above doing if it's going to be a headache.

> If this works for you, then I can provide
> you with another patch, which might allow
> enabling tags on the HP drive, too.

   I'll guinea pig happily if I can patch it off of -stable.

 -Dave

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)