Date:      Tue,  8 Oct 96 09:27:52 -0400
From:      Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
To:        Howard Lew <hlew@sequence.Stanford.EDU>
Cc:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM 6x86 166+

Hi,

I was browsing the Cyrix web page recently for my own needs and
it would seem the same problem exists with Windoze 95. Cyrix says
that the algorythm that determines the type of cpu was completed
before the Cyrix 6x86 processors were ready.

They recommend using the BIOS to make sure of the cpu type you have
or to get one of these programs that correctly determines the cpu type. I
forget what the programs were but you can check http://www.cyrix.com/

Regards,
Yves Lepage