Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 02:20:47 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Grant Cooper <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Administrators - GUI's or Command lines

> From: "Grant Cooper" <grant.cooper@nucleus.com>
> Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Administrators - GUI's or Command lines
> Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 17:08:17 -0600
>
> quick question for the admins, do you guys perfer to work out of a GUI
> such as KDE or just from freeBSD CLI(command line interface)?

    as Brian wrote, your question is very ambiguous, and in more than
    one way.

    X has no place on *servers*, but then again, i don't usually leave
    my pc when i want to do anything on a server: i just open a new
    terminal window, ssh into the server, and do what i need. soo. just
    as Brian said, and even more explicitly someone whose name i don't
    remember quite some time age: i use gui (a window manager) to have
    many terminals.

    the only gui apps i currently use are mozilla, xv, gv, and gvim.
    other than that, it's all commandline, ncurses, etc: zsh, lftp,
    mutt, w3m, tethereal...

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
2:07AM up 5 days, 12:26, 5 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00