Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:16:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bright@mu.org, scott_long@btc.adaptec.com, mark_salyzyn@adaptec.com, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: asr can not map memory?

In message: <200203310624.g2V6Ojc02980@mass.dis.org>
            Michael Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
: > Is there a way that we can "fix" this without blindly allowing bad
: > bus_alloc_resources ?  I'm a bit confused as to wheather our code is
: > behaving oddly or if it's just the device violating some spec...
:
: Yes, our code is busted; it should check both ranges and get the
: arithmetic right.  I believe that Warner did something about this in
: -current, but I'm not sure what or if it's backportable.

Warner half did something about it, but there's still issues that
haven't been resolved due to Warner's attention being diverted.

Warner