Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:02:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Artificial Lifeform?

J. Wunsch writes:
 > As Wes Peters wrote:
 >
 > > Xlock, the screen locker.  One of the "screen saver" displays is
 > > Conway's "game of life" using Sun logos.  ;^)
 >
 > Pah, when did you try it last on FreeBSD?  Probably more than two
 > years ago, maybe even three.  That's the time when i've submitted the
 > daemon logo to the xlockmore maintainer. :)

Yeah, somebody else mentioned this, so I loaded it on my machine and
fooled around a bit.  You're right, I was *way* out of date.  I'd never
seen the little daemons on the life screen, nor most of the other
modes.  The last version I looked at came with FreeBSD 1.1.5, when I was
still working on a X-based security system.  The new displays are quite
impressive.  I'll install it on a couple of the FreeBSD servers at work
tomorrow, along with xautolock; I'm always wandering off and leaving
them logged in as root.

 > Wait, we've got CVS :-P
 >
 > revision 1.2
 > date: 1995/02/22 22:48:10;  author: joerg;  state: Exp;  lines: +7 -6
 > Upgrade this beast to the most recent version.
 >
 > Now we've got the BSD daemon incorporated into the distribution. :-)

Just goes to show you how secure my system at home is.  I guess I've
been working in friendly environments for too long.  At Axent, since we
made system security products, it was considered company policy to break
into each other's systems and do nasty things like send e-mail to the
entire company about your (hopefully non-existant) itchy rash, marital
problems, etc.  The only person here I have to guard against is my
20-month old daughter, who has a talent for crashing computers by
beating on the keyboard.  ;^)