Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:23:54 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@psn.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SecureBSD?

--p7qwJlK53pWzbayA

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 04:16:28PM -0500, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:
> Whats this SecureBSD I keep hearing about? what are the primary differences
> between it and the mainstream FreeBSD?

It's a set of patches against FreeBSD which adds some features which
can be used to configure a more tightly controlled system. It's under
a fairly scary license though, and last time I checked the
documentation didn't list many "whiz-bang" features I would personally
find useful on an average system.

That's just my personal opinion though, not any official position of
the security officer or of FreeBSD, and may not in fact reflect
reality if the documentation is inaccurate (someone told me there's
more there which is, or was, undocumented). YMMV, of course..it's
worth taking a look at to see whether it would be useful for you.

Kris

--p7qwJlK53pWzbayA

--p7qwJlK53pWzbayA--