Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 02:48:29 -0800
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        "Michael Slater" <mikey@iexpress.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Job Market for Sys Admins

>        After working in Australia for the last several years, for a few
>medium and small ISP'S,as Sys-Admin, i am considering returning to the U.S
>where i am originaly from and trying my luck at the job market. Can anyone
>tell me what opportunities exist in the Portland/Seattle area for a person
>with 3 years experience with FreeBSD, Linux, Cisco Routers, ect...

There's tons of work in Seattle -- it's one of the fastest growing
places in the country (with emphasis on high-tech).  Portland is
definitely growing fast, too.  Of course, a good portion of the job
market is dominated by Microsoft, but there are plenty of non-
Microsoft jobs, if you take the time to look (like StarWave,
Amazon.com, etc.)

Your best bet would be to start doing some contract work through an
agency.  I can give you the names and numbers of several good
contracting agencies, if you're interested.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.