Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:23:04 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        David Bushong <david@bushong.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any solution to 29160 problems?

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 16:15:44 -0700, David Bushong wrote:
> I've experienced problems with my onboard Adaptec 29160 on my SuperMicro 370DL3
> motherboard, and have noticed previous posts to this group of people with
> problems of the same type:
>
> (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): SCB 0x19 - timed out while idle, SEQADDR == 0xb
> (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): Queuing a BDR SCB
> ahc0: WARNING no command for scb 25 (cmdcmplt)
> QOUTPOS = 8
>
> and
>
> ahc0: Issued Channel A Bus Reset. 1 SCBs aborted
> ahc0:A:1: ahc_intr - referenced scb not valid during seqint 0x71 scb(25)
> (da0:ahc0:0:0:0): Queuing a BDR SCB
>
> and so on.  At least one person had this problem the same time as I did,
> right during the install process.  Occasionally, it makes it through these
> warnings, and sometimes it hangs.  I haven't seen any replies of suggestions
> or solutions to this.  Is this a known problem?  Is there any fix?  If this
> is fixed in source, what are feasible ways for acutally getting a kernel
> built with that fixed source?  Right now I'm dead in the water with my new
> machine as it has only LVD U160 drives, and I can't seem to find Adaptec
> 2940U2W's anymore.

What version of FreeBSD are you using?

Justin has made a number of changes recently in the -current Adaptec
driver, so it is possible that your problem has been fixed.

I would suggest pulling down a boot floppy from the latest snapshot on
current.freebsd.org, and see if it fixes your problem.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org