Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:08:27 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        Juriy Goloveshkin <juriy@avias.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IrDA progress [ was Re: Nokia 9110i ....]

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 03:52:06PM -0500, Wesley Morgan scribbled:
| On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Juriy Goloveshkin wrote:
| > it isn't true for Libretto CT110. ;(
| > pci0: <Toshiba Fast Infra Red controller> at 17.0 irq 11

| With the new pci code in -current, all I get now is:
| pci0: <simple comms> at 9.0 (no driver attached)
| I used to get a line similar to yours. This is a Tecra 8000.

Well, guys, giving me the controller line from dmesg without
the chipset name (and preferably with the chip's datasheet)
is not really useful for me. :)
A. Boot into windows and find out the chipset names and number
	or
B. Open up your laptop...

As it happens, both Benno and I have only National Semiconductor,
and I guess that's where the IrDA support will happen initially.
Toshiba seems to put its own IrDA controller on its laptops.
I think Dell/Sony VAIO/IBM have the same NatSemi chips, and
Unless someone with a Toshiba chip starts helping us, I think it will
go nowhere.   However, I will make sure that you can still use
The Toshiba chips with sio1<irda>, just no ACPI/APM and other
hardware FIR stuff.

One last thing, does anyone have Palm/Nokia/Ericsson documentation
on how to talk to these things?
:wq