Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 18:36:12 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Subject:   Re: ppp problems on 4.3-RELEASE and PPPoE

> According to Brian Somers:
> > Brett Glass (cc'd) has complained about a similar problem where it
> > seems that the ng_pppoe node is locked up.  I can't reproduce the
> > problem here though :(
>
> Does the following help you :
[.....]

Not really - I think we need ``physical'' logs so that we can see if
stuff is actually being written to the netgraph node.  The ``timer''
diagnostics are too verbose to be of use here.

The idea is to do the ``ping -c1'', and if everything were working,
see the physical log show the packet being written to netgraph and
then netgraph putting it on the wire.

> Nothing really interesting from 'tcpdump -n -i ed0 not ip'...

As in nothing at all ?  I wonder what the last ``not ip'' traffic to be
written was - perhaps the netgraph node thinks it's closed.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>