Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:29:36 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        "Dmitry Andrianov" <dimas@dataart.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/98219: [pf] pf needs a way of matching on decapsulated IPSEC packets

--nextPart6065878.7nNhq8ztjc

On Friday 02 June 2006 10:48, Dmitry Andrianov wrote:
> I'm not sure enc0 is the solution.
>
> Honestly, I haven't tried enc0 yet (only took a look at its sources) so
> I can be wrong. But to my understanding if you build kernel with
> FILTERGIF, then decapsulated packets will still be visible on the same
> interface original ESP packets come to (in addition to enc0). If this is
> true, there is need to allow them. Meaning there is need to distinguish
> decapsulated packets from received.

If you can see the complete decapsulated transaction (through enc0) you can=
=20
use tagging there to mark packets out of the tunnel and pass on that tag=20
later on.

I have to admit that I do very few IPSEC/vnp stuff right now so I'm not up =
to=20
speed on all aspects of FILTERGIF etc.  Hopefully somebody else can fill in=
=20
some more detail?

> So basically the question is how enc0 and FILTERGIF coesist together...
> If they do not, probably FILTERGIF should be deprecated in favor of
> enc0.
>
> Have to check.

=2D-=20