Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 09:21:57 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        rich@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xload dumps core with new phkmalloc

> Hello.  I found that xload dumps core with "floating point exception"
> with the latest phkmalloc (supped yesterday).  "MALLOC_OPTIONS=Z" will
> fix it, so it's definitely xload's problem.
>
> I changed the only "malloc" in the xload source to "calloc" but that
> didn't help, so I guess the bug is in a more fundamental level.  This
> is what gdb has to say:

Seems like you have to start looking at X11 then :-(

I thought about an option to say "Junk all mallocs except number <FOO>"
and then you could simply
	i=1
	while true
	do
		MALLOC_OPTIONS="X$i" ./xload
		echo $i $?
		i=`expr $i +1`
	done

That might help...  Havn't done it yet though :-(

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
It will be some time yet before progress goes too far... (Poul Henningsen)