Date:      Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:10:08 -0400
From:      Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE: how do *you* handle it?

--------------enig162BE095E4E3961AA7E6E36E

--------------020504000704020102070705

On 8/28/2011 10:05 PM, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> I'm wondering how other ports maintainers are dealing with their=20
> definitions of MASTER_SITES=3D, DISTFILES=3D, DISTNAME=3D, etc. with
> regards to Sourceforge.
>=20
> In browsing a number of projects recently on Sourceforge, I've
> noticed that the paths to project distfiles are now using the
> element "projects" rather than "project".
>=20
> What I'm looking for is how to declare things in a clean and elegant=20
> fashion in a port's Makefile to handle these cases, one that will=20
> hopefully not require any revisions for later upgrades.  Is it
> necessary to just scrap the "SF" definition entirely and hardcode the
> URL?
>=20
> In addition, I've run across a few projects that use slightly
> differing versions of the project name, either somewhere in the path
> or for the distfile name itself.  For example, looking at the
> "scidvspc" project earlier today, I noticed this:
>=20
> The link for the distfile is defined as:
>=20
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/files/source/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tg=
z/download

>  Clicking the download link, one is presented with alternatives in
> case the download doesn't start automatically.
>=20
> The "mirror" link:
>=20
> https://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=3Dscidvspc&=
filename=3Dsource/scid_vs_pc-4.5.tgz

>  The "direct link":
>=20
> https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/scidvspc/source/scid_vs_pc-4.=
5.tgz?r=3D&ts=3D1314582468&use_mirror=3Dsuperb-sea2

>  Frankly, I'm baffled as to how our current definition of=20
> "MASTER_SITES=3DSF/<something>" is supposed to handle all of this.
>=20
> Can anyone point me towards a source of enlightenment?  :-)
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20

Slightly related and unrelated at the same time. So sorry if I drifted
too far. I was discussing this very concept about a month ago with a
friend. I was trying to update my PortableApps.om installation and the
script I had written to fetch updated apps broke because I couldn't
figure out how to handle these new url's. It would see SF's idea of a
direct link is a redirect, thus obfuscating the real servers even more
and the path the project is in....

--=20