Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 10:43:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support for Adaptec/Buslogic drivers

> In message <199610311528.AA239535687@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
> "Hr.Ladavac" writes:
> : Your motherboard BIOS must have support for NCR 810 to work--all ASUS'
> : I know do.  Otherwise you need an 815, which are not that easy to find
> : (since nobody needs them :)
>
> OK.  I'll take a look.  Thanks for the info!

I forgot to mention in my last message, too busy talking...

Check out the Mr. BIOS Web site.  Even if your motherboard BIOS does not
support the NCR BIOS, there may be some ways to get around this.  I know
that the Intel Endeavor boards do not support it, but with a little
digging on the Mr. BIOS site, we found a new BIOS plus instructions on
how to integrate the NCR BIOS with it.  Very nifty.

http://www.mrbios.com/, I believe.

The NCR BIOS is now called something else, by the way, but I can't
remember what.

... JG