Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:31:45 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building kernel: compile/link errors

Just curious...

Why would installing the egcs package hose your ability to compile the
kernel?  Or, more precisely, why was the package constructed such that it
would hose one's ability to compile the kernel?

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 1999 15:23:44 EST, "Ryan P. McCann" wrote:
>
> > I've installed the egcs gcc compiler.  It appears to have installed files
> > into /usr/include, /usr/lib, etc.  Does that mean that I'm going to have
> > extreme difficulty building my custom kernel?
>
> Almost certainly, yes.  Re-install the bin distribution. :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!