Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 23:39:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      TR Nguyen <nguyen@omega.uta.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (freebsd-questions)
Subject:   Yet ANOTHER MODEM IDIOT!

Hello, Fellow FBSD'ers!

I just saw Shane Anderson's post regarding his success with modem
dial in. I am having the same problem.

Let me see, I followed the FreeBSD FAQ regarding how to set my modem
for dial in, and had
	ttyd02 "/usr/libexec/getty std.2400"  on
in my /etc/ttys
	I saved the modems registers and flags as required by the FAQ

Dial'ed in and sucessfully connected at 2400 baud from a friend's modem.

But after that any attempt to dial in with my 14.4k, set to 2400
resulted in a screen full of garbage. Whether or not I enable or
disable MNP5 (AT&F0, AT&F1), I still get garbage. I even tried it
with both hardware flow control on and off.

	I am not aware of any lock states, initial states, or
	/etc/rc.local changes.

	I've been trying to get this working for 2 weeks, and I know
	I'm missing a few points.

Thankx
TR Nguyen