Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:38:13 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de, petefrench@ingresso.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, auryn@zirakzigil.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with link aggregation + sshd

> Link aggregation can never work with two separate switches! LACP and
> static trunking require both sides to bundle the same trunk. which is
> impossible for two separate switches.

These switches had a port where you could connect them together and
then configure each to know about the other switch, and to do LACP
across the pair of them. Or at least thats what it looked like it
was capable of doing, and it appeared to be doing LACP when configured
that way and connected to Windows machines, just not FreeBSD ones. But I'm
not a Cisco person by any stretch of the imagination, so if that config
is actually not possible then that would kind of explain why it didn't
work ;-) Sorry for the misinformation!

-pete. [feeling a bit foolish now]