Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:41:48 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Checking if a file transfer is complete

I'm writing a script that is taking care of files ftp'd to a server. It
is moving the files to the right directory, and then putting data
concerning the file into an Oracle data base.

I have a small problem though. I'm planning to let cron do a lookup once
every minute to see if there are any new files. But the file transfers
can take several minutes to finish, since the files are pretty big, and
the transfer speed is at max 2Mbit/s with an average of maybe 400kbit/s

So the question is, How do I check that the file transfer has completed?

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_